Sunday, September 12, 2010

melodies!

Every song heard has a memory attached to it. Its like a movie which replays itself unwillingly at the sound of that familiar tune or those very words.
From the time i was a kid, memories were based out of music. Every song from saajan reminds me of the long winding roads through holta camp to kullu manali, the bickering with my sister, the trying to do the steps.
Those old punjabi numbers make me feel like im in switzerland again stuffing my mouth with chocolates.
The crazy songs from mohra and what not remind me of our gang in the unit, with each one mugging up the steps and performing for the grown ups.
Who can forget the backstreet boys phase, songs i still remember by heart.
Then there was "I'm ready", i think more than bryan adams..i fell deeper in love with my first love.
From dancing to hip hopper and desi girl to just singing "i'll even let you hold the remote control"...its these few lines and words that just stay with us forever. The sound of them drifts us back to where we were. Where all of it was real.
Every moment in life has a tune, a song attached to it.
The very chill, the very smile, the very warmth, the very joy we felt at the time we sang and danced. it all comes back.
Who said there are no time machines. I got my very own fixed to my ipod!
Happy Listening:)

No comments:

Post a Comment