Saturday, July 16, 2011

The "divine" purpose

There is the constant need to walk at the speed of light. The need to catch the very local standing on the platform when you're at the overhead bridge. The need to nudge someone moving too slow. The need to be aggressive. The need to be competitive even while walking down the road. The need to go to the sea side to breathe. The need to show your cultural intellect in social surroundings and the lack of it on the street. The need to live in the "posh" localities even if in a pigeon hole. The need to fit in. The need to do something extra. The need to develop into a MACHINE.
This is the "need" of Mumbai. The Maximum city.
Don't get my wrong, I'm no cynic of the likes of Antisthenes or Demetrius. I'm just unsure if this is what we came here to do. to be. I could belt down few lines about life and the purpose of it but its a little overdone already, so lets just say, I think that there should be more. More to all of this humbug called "life". Maybe we all don't have a divine purpose, but we do have only one shot at it. So yes, we will continue to nudge people on the streets and rush to get to places and put up a brilliant facade of "how awesome we are" but I would want to also in reality be "awesome". Do things which are awesome. meet people who are awesome. eat food which is awesome. read books which are awesome and finally feel satisfied with an overdose of awesomeness!! If i had that along with life's humdrum, I would be fine. My personal "divine" purpose would be attained. Sounds simple right? very basic even? But is it? The answer is No, it never is and they never said it would be. Even to achieve the basic is a struggle, a struggle most of us don't mind undertaking.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am already struck by the Miss awesomeness!
    I am going to play a game.
    Bear in mind this is not some ponzi scheme or a sick man's fetish
    I have known you long enough
    you have to guess who i am
    I know u really like blogging
    and this is how i plan to get to know you better...
    I am going to drop hints on your blog lets see if you can catch the trail..

    I should so not write
    Neither do I know if this is right
    But these are the feeling I just cant fight
    But me give me a chance if you might

    I know u will say there is no future
    But believe me I am decent creature
    I know we barely know each other
    But I am mesmerized
    Not enough to connect the dots (hahaha)
    But just enough to take a shot
    shot not of the liquor that makes you go insane
    or shot of boredom to make you tweet?
    This is for the girl who is sweet

    I know u believe in fate
    Can you guess who am i mate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you figure out who i am send me a message on fb..and no trick shots like sending a random message to the whole list!

      Delete
    2. And I JUST saw this! After 2 years.

      Delete