Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pepsieewwwww!!

I open my facebook page and see an update from my sister and since she hardly updates anything, i click on the link...and EWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! seriously??
It took me to the "NEW" Pepsi WorldCup campaign with Dhoni et al body painted in flames!!! What were you thinking? No, Seriously...WHAT??

According to the VP Marketing, they wanted to bring out the passion and FERVOR and ENERGY that WE Indians associate with cricket. Ummm...i'm an Indian, quite an Indian actually, and reasonable passionate about Cricket and I DONT FEEL ANY OF IT!!!

Sometimes it really surprises me how people with (what seems like) millions of years of work experience take such STUPID decisions! It was as if in one stroke the entire image which took years to create was washed away. But this isn't the first time, Pepsi as a brand has made some very ridiculous decisions in the past too. Compare it to Coke and there we see a sensible marketer, keeping it real!!
Maybe this is a lesson for them, maybe not (im sticking to the whole they are STUPID bit).
I guess its Bye Bye Pepsi and Hello Coke :D

No comments:

Post a Comment